Central Washington Asphalt is continuing to grow and expand! We are now in the Colville, WA area and are looking to build a team to help us expand and grow our business in this location. We are looking for qualified candidates for the following positions:
- Construction Foreman/Superintendent
- Heavy Highway Equipment Operators.
- Paver Operators
- Roller Operators
- Screed Operators
- Backhoe / Dozer / Blade Operators
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
- Asphalt Laborers
This crew will be based in the Colville area but may travel throughout Eastern Washington as needed. Experience in asphalt paving or underground work is a plus. CWA pays competitive wages including prevailing wage rates when applicable. Travel is a requirement for these positions.
All positions require the ability to work together with a team to achieve the goals as set forth including timely job completion and maintaining consistent quality standards as required by the company. Central Washington Asphalt is a company that takes pride in the quality of work performed and expects the same of its employees.
Construction Foreman/Superintendent: Minimum 2 yrs. experience as a crew lead with 4+ yrs. experience working with heavy hwy. equipment in the asphalt industry.
Heavy Highway Equipment Operators: Minimum 2 yrs. working with heavy equipment.
Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic: Demonstrated knowledge of working with heavy duty equipment. Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Asphalt Laborers: Minimum 1 yr. experience working as part of a construction team.
Be advised, THIS IS A PHYSICALLY DEMANDING JOB THAT WILL REQUIRE YOU TO WORK AT HEIGHTS, OUTDOORS AND POSSIBLY IN ADVERSE CONDITIONS.
All positions require the following:
- Able to follow specific direction, both oral and written
- Knowledge and understanding of safety procedures in the workplace.
- Willingness to learn additional skills and take on additional responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Drug-Free Workplace policy including pre-employment and random testing.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting at: $20.00 per hour
Central Washington Asphalt, Inc. is hiring for Asphalt Distributor/Tack Truck Drivers. This position consists of operating an asphalt distributor by applying specialized emulsions to roadways. The operator is responsible for setting the pace for the paving operation.
This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Distributor/Tack Truck Driver.
- Responsible for safe operation of distributor truck equipped with tank for application of asphalt emulsions on road surfaces.
- Monitor flow gauges, tachometer and temperature gauge to ensure uniform distribution of materials.
- Set spray bar on manual, automatic, or semi-automatic distributors for applying liquid asphalt and emulsion. Set and adjust as necessary for proper distribution of product.
- Responsible for loading truck and emulsion tank; connects hoses from storage tank to truck and follows correct procedures to ensure proper loading of asphalt liquid.
- Regulate burner to heat liquid and maintain as necessary for correct operation.
- Ability to understand and execute paving procedures while following instructions to meet the standards of the project.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of equipment to remain in proper and safe working order.
- Must clean excess asphalt out of tanks and from spray bars.
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections of leaks and damage to machine before operation. Complete daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT regulations and company guidelines.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if equipment needs to be repaired.
- Keep accurate log of deliveries and completes required paperwork for billing.
- Assist paving crew with other tasks as needed when not operating the distributor truck.
- Valid Class A CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, spring or throw an object.
- Possess a solid understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including prep work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- Requires good manual dexterity and multi-limb coordination.
- Must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Excellent stamina is required.
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity.
- Periodically exposes employee to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Often work long and odd hours, day or night, in extreme heat or cold.
- This position requires extensive travel throughout Eastern Washington, Northeast Oregon and North Idaho.
Rate of pay is dependent on experience. Prevailing wage rates are applicable on most projects.
Job Type: Full-time
CENTRAL WASHINGTON ASPHALT, INC. is looking for Class A CDL Drivers with a background in the construction industry. Hazmat license is a plus. Job will entail moving heavy equipment, hauling a placing rock materials, hot mix asphalt and some job site duties when hauling is not needed.
This position will require some work out of area and drivers are compensated following company policy. Drivers must be able to perform all physical requirements to perform their duties.
Responsibilities may include:
• Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting materials.
• Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
• Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
• Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
• Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products or other materials.
• Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in compliance with state regulations.
Central Washington Asphalt, Inc. offers competitive salaries along with Prevailing Wage Rates when working on qualified projects. Bring your experience and let's talk.
Class A CDL License Required
Current Medical Card
Central Washington Asphalt, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. Salary dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting at: $22.00 per hour
Central Washington Asphalt is committed to the safety and well-being of all employees. We adhere to all safety guidelines regarding COVID-19 and provide all workers with necessary PPE.