CENTRAL WASHINGTON ASPHALT, INC. is looking for Class A CDL Drivers with a background in the construction industry. Hazmat license is a plus. Job will entail moving heavy equipment, hauling a placing rock materials, hot mix asphalt and some job site duties when hauling is not needed.
This position will require some work out of area and drivers are compensated following company policy. Drivers must be able to perform all physical requirements to perform their duties.
Responsibilities may include:
• Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting materials.
• Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
• Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
• Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
• Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products or other materials.
• Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in compliance with state regulations.
Central Washington Asphalt, Inc. offers competitive salaries along with Prevailing Wage Rates when working on qualified projects. Bring your experience and let’s talk.
Class A CDL License Required
Current Medical Card
Central Washington Asphalt, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. Salary dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting at: $22.00 per hour
Central Washington Asphalt is committed to the safety and well-being of all employees. We adhere to all safety guidelines regarding COVID-19 and provide all workers with necessary PPE.
Comments are closed.